I am going to make this the last post for the year. So there will be lots of information including dates and specific details. However, if you still have questions do not hesitate to contact me.
Notes & Reminders:
- Waterton Field Trip Tuesday June 18th. Students and parent volunteers are asked to arrive for 7:30 for attendance as well as volunteer instructions. We will have everything prepped for the parent volunteers, so please do not worry about your role or responsibilities.
- The buses for Waterton will leave at 8:00 AM. No later. Please ensure that you arrive at the school with plenty of time. We will not wait as we are on a strict timeline.
- This Field Trip is weather dependent. Currently, the forecast is showing rain. We are hoping that this changes. If it is pouring in Waterton then we will not attend.
- Grade 5 Water Fight is June 26th. A notice went home yesterday explaining the details. I will attach that notice to this blog post. To recap:
- Water squirters can have no resemblance to an actual gun. If the Water Squirter is in the shape of gun, but neon orange then that is acceptable.
- No water balloons! They cause too much waste and create chocking hazards for the wildlife.
- Children will not be close to Henderson Lake nor will they fill up their water squirters at Henderson Lake.
- Please ensure your child is equipped with appropriate clothing for this activity including: walking shoes, bathing suit, dry clothes, a lunch, sunscreen, and a towel. We will leave the school at 10:00 AM and return before the buses.
- Grade 4 Adventure Day:
- Same day as the Water Fight: June 26th. Students will do a walk through the coulees and then play lawn games at the Sugar Bowl. Please makes sure your child is prepared for the day. This includes: Sunscreen, walking shoes, hat, sunglasses, and a water bottle.
- Grade 5 Graduation: June 27th @ 8:45
- Our graduation ceremony will take place at the time and date stated above.
- Parents and Grandparents are welcome to come.
- Every teacher will have the opportunity to introduce their Grade 5 students and say nice words. They will be recognized individually.
- We do ask that if you come that you stay for all the classes, or if you do need to leave that you do so quietly and respectfully. This is so that all parents get the opportunity to hear kind words about their child and are able to enjoy their graduation.
- Colour Me Mine
- We have organized the opportunity for students to complete a mug with Colour Me Mine. We will do this next Wednesday afternoon.
- Classroom Party
- Our classroom party will be June 25th
- I have already notified which parents are helping, as always, I appreciate your help with our class parties!
- Classroom Tech Day
- Students are allowed to bring one piece of technology from home on Monday.
- From 2:30 - 3:30 students will be allowed to play school appropriate games.
- All tech. will be locked in our classroom closet.
- If you do not feel comfortable sending a piece of technology I will set students up with a student laptop or iPad.
- Students will be responsible for their own technology.
Math: We are working on measurement including length using mm, cm, and m. Students also practiced simple conversion of mm, cm, and m.
Writing: Students are collaborating to develop a comic. We discovered that comic books actually take lots of planning. They developed a script including panel details and then were allowed to draw or use a website to develop their comics.
Reading: Students are developing their love of reading within our reading blocks choosing books of their choice.
Gym: We are playing different type of team games.