Notes & Reminders:
- There is no school for students Thursday & Friday because of parent teacher interviews and teacher engagement time. Please remember to sign up for Parent Teacher interviews online. The times are filling up! Your child is invited to the interview we can look through work together, celebrate successes, address concerns, and set goals for improvement all together.
- Report Cards were sent out today with your child.
- Grade 4 poster marks were sent out earlier this week with their math quiz. Please contact me with any questions or concerns.
- I am at professional development session on Tuesday, so there will be a substitute in the classroom.
Learning in the Classroom:
- Physical Education: Ms. Chang is building skills and knowledge about the sport of badminton. We will continue this unit until the end of November.
- Writing: We have started our informational writing unit. We will look at what components go into an informational piece and how to build our very own informational book. This should be a great unit as the students can pick a topic that they are most knowledgeable about and write about it!
- Math: We have begun our fraction and decimal unit. We will focus on representing fractions and expressing them in "Fraction Form" as well as "Decimal Form"!
- Ms. Chang is currently teaching this unit
- Grade 4s are learning about everyday machines and how they make our lives easier. These machines include: pullies, gears, levers, wheels, and rollers. Our students should also be able to know the difference between: work, force, and friction. We will continue to use these words to understand how these SIMPLE MACHINES help us.
- Grade 5s are learning about electricity and magnetism. The students will learn the dangers about electricity and how to prevent accidents. The Grade 5s will also build their own circuits and be able to interpret diagrams to create circuits. They will also create diagrams based on their circuits! They will also learn the properties and of magnets and how they relate to electricity. It should be AN ELECTRIFYING UNIT! ...
- We continue to learn about healthy eating including portion size and servings our bodies need of each food group.
- We are learning about colours and adapting them into our sentence structure.